Paediatric First Aid Training
1st Attendance is fully accredited to provide Paediatric First Aid Training. This course earns participants the QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF).
This qualification is specifically designed to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills to respond to emergencies and provide essential care to infants and children. Participants will gain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the crucial roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider. They will acquire the essential skills to provide safe and effective treatment in various paediatric first aid scenarios.
What is covered in Paediatric First Aid Training?
- The roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and defibrillation
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Anaphylaxis and allergic reactions
- Febrile Convulsions
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Burns and scalds
- Electric Shock
- External Bleeding
- Hypovolaemic Shock
- Eye, ear and nose conditions
- Bites and stings
- Minor Injuries
- Treatment for hot and cold body temperatures
In order to comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework, all early years providers in England are mandated to have at least one member of staff who holds a valid and current paediatric first aid certificate. The individual must be present at all times when children are present.
Our course is tailored to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education’s EYFS Framework and is ideal for:
- Individuals who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements.
- Registered childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants and children, such as parents, grandparents and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
Why choose 1st Attendance?
Expert training – Our course is delivered by experienced professionals, fully accredited by Ofqual. They will guide you through practical scenarios and equip you with the confidence to handle any workplace emergency.
Comprehensive curriculum – The course covers a wide range of injuries and illnesses that may occur at the workplace. You’ll learn how to assess the situation, provide appropriate care, and potentially save lives.
Hands-on experience – Our training includes practical exercises and simulations that allow you to apply your knowledge in a realistic setting. You’ll gain valuable hands-on experience, preparing you for real-life scenarios.
Recognised certification – Upon successful completion of the course you will receive the QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) certification. This qualification is nationally recognised and your certificate will be valid for 3 years.
Flexibility – We understand businesses are busy with day-to-day operations. So we provide flexibility on the location of the training. We can come to you and adhere to your schedule and preferences.